Come Ride with us
2.5 hour Wailea Horseback Adventure Waterfall Ride
Join us as we ride through the open range and spectacular views of Mauna Kea and the shimmering Pacific Ocean. 1 hour and 50 minutes of horseback riding and 45 minutes at the waterfall, with the opportunity to enjoy a relaxing snack break at the waterfalls, where you can swim and paddleboard.
Ride our beautiful, gentle horses and take in the spanning views and secluded waterfalls only accessible through booking a tour.
Rides are $145.00 per guest, $151.04 with tax included.
- Check in time for the Morning Ride is 9:00AM (please be on time for your ride!)
- Check in time for the Afternoon ride is 12:30PM (please be on time for your ride!)
- Minimum: 2 riders
- Maximum: 8-10 riders
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
About the Ride
- At check in, our guides will assess your comfort and experience with riding before choosing one of our experienced trail horses for you. Before leaving the stable, they’ll provide a demonstration on the basics of riding “Paniolo Style to guests.
- Helmets are provided free of charge if requested. Children 13 years and under are required to wear a helmet.
- We provide saddlebags free of charge for you to put your personal belongings in – so don’t forget to bring your camera, towel, phone, and a snack and drink to enjoy for your snack break at the waterfall!
- There will be an opportunity for guests to take lots of pictures and selfies along the way with the amazing scenic vistas and of course, the hidden waterfalls of umauma.!
- All guests should plan to arrive 30 minutes before the designated ride departure time in order to plan for traffic, road work, and if needed to order a meal or pick up snacks from the Umauma Visitor Center.
- We do not recommend you bring valuables on the ride, please lock them in your car.
- Adventure, horseback, fun, waterfalls, swimming, trotting.
- Come and visit Patches our family dog and our smallest wrangler, he’s been riding for about 5 years..
Making a Reservation
- Reservations may be made by phone or through our website. Please call our office or our Toll Free number to speak to one of our friendly staff members.
- We accept Visa, Amex, MasterCard, and Discover.
- A credit card is required to hold your reservation. You may pay with cash if you decide to as well. Just let us know!
- Please note, we require 24 hours notice for all cancellations. No refunds are offered for guests who fail to arrive on time or not at all.
- Kama’aina discount and military discount is only offered through a direct booking with one of our friendly agents. No refunds or credit changes may be made on previous bookings, no refunds will be given to reservation that has already been placed. Only direct bookings will be honored with the discounts.
- Cancellations may include handling fee charges on refunds.
- ALOHA FOR THOSE WITH VOUCHER, please remember to bring them in. We are required to collect them from you for some of our affiliates and for some it will say to print it up and bring it. If you are unable to print it up, please take a screen shot of your voucher/ticket on your phones to show us at the time of check in.. just to show confirmation. Mahalo!
Parking & Directions
Check in Location:
We are 20 minutes outside of Hilo, if coming from Hilo, drive highway 19 and the corner of the 16 mile marker make a left turn up to Leopolino Road, drive up to the stop sign and make a right turn on old mamalahoa hwy and drive pass the botanical world adventures, and do not drive up the Kama’e’e (kamaee) Road, continue on old mamalahoa highway we are a minute away drive pass a small bridge, pass the Rainforest trail sign and make a left turn by the big gate drive up that driveway next door to the rainforest trail it will bring you to our barn, we are the driveway before the Umauma Falls Experience Zipline & Rappel sign. However if our gate is locked you may use the umauma falls zipline experience driveway as well to get to us.. once up their driveway you will see a parking lot on your left, we are across the parking lot. drive on over and park in front of our barn/ stable.
Coming from Kona, Waikoloa area is about a 2 hour drive, and 25 minutes from Honoka’a, DRIVE highway 19 towards hilo make a right turn to Leopolino Road before the 16 mile marker, drive up to the top of stop sign and make a right on the Old Mamalahoa Highway, drive pass the botanical world adventure (do not drive up to Kamaee road ) drive pass the rainforest trail sign and turn up at the big gate, we are a minute away, however if the gate is locked please continue to drive another minute on Old Mamalahoa around the turn and you will see the Umauma Falls Experience Zipline & Rappel sign, you may drive up their driveway to get to us we are another minute away once you drive up in the umauma falls experience driveway you will see a parking lot on the left, drive on over and pass the parking lot and park in front of our barn at check in tour time.. The umauma visitor center next door of us is open at 8am and is where you will want to purchase your drinks and snacks.. Please note: kitchen is not open till 10am.
Parking is FREE horseback parking located in front of the Wailea Horseback Adventure barn.
For your safety, please do not walk up to horses or behind the horses, please wait at the designated picnic table, to check in, if you do arrive before the scheduled tour time please stay in designated picnic area till our guides are ready to check you in. they are busy preparing the horses for the ride. you may wait at the picnic table if you are all ready, or may spend the time now get your things ready. Your towels, snack and drink for the ride. Camera, phone. Please do not carry your wallet on yourself if you are bringing your wallet, watches, eyeglasses and phones please put it in your saddlebag that we will supply you with.. As we allow trotting we do not want you to lose any personal items on the trail.
** Please wait in designated spot near the picnic table outside the barn/stables until your guide comes to get you. Please do not go up to the horses until the guide says it is okay to do so.
discounts for military & kama’aina
- Discounts are available for Military Veterans and Kama’aina (Hawaii Residents). Must show a hawaii state I.D or driver’s license at check in. to receive benefit. Please call our office directly at808-775-1007 to receive your discount prior to your reservation. We do need a credit card to hold your reservation and to send you a confirmation. Please let us know if you plan to pay with cash at check in..
- Bookings that have been already made online will not receive a refund at our office.
- Please call directly for other hotel discounts, or inquiries, reservations that have been already made online will not receive a refund. Please call for any questions you may have..
ALOHA FOR THOSE WITH VOUCHERS! Please remember to bring them with you for your ride. We are required to collect them from you for some of our affiliates and for some it will say to print it up and bring it.
If you are unable to print it out, please take a screen shot of your voucher/ticket on your phone to show us at the time of check in.. just to show confirmation. Mahalo!